What is Category Auto Matching Service?
- When registering a product, it is a service that automatically classifies and assigns categories based on the product name for sellers who have difficulty in mapping according to Coupang's complex and many category structures. Targets are sellers who register products through OpenAPI, and 'consent' is required before using this service, so the system is applied only to sellers who have agreed. Coupang helps product registration by designating a category based on'product name' even if you do not provide a category ID for sellers who have agreed to the category matching service.
- You must agree to the following category automatic matching service on the page where WING's API key is issued.
Wing Log-in> Click seller name in the upper right corner > Click change seller information > Click sales info tab > Click to issue an OPEN API key and agree to terms and conditions > Click issuing API key
Confirmation of category auto matching service agreement API
- Provides an API that allows you to check whether the seller ID has agreed to the category auto matching service. Please refer to here for detailed API Spec.
How to use on product creation API
- The product creation API is called without entering the displayCategoryCode parameter value and the notices parameter array value on the product creation API.
- At this time, the system automatically recommends and matches the category code according to the product name entered by the seller, and the notification information is registered as a default value as 'Refer to detailed information' in the 'Other goods' category.
- Enter one or more purchase options in attributes. A free purchase option configuration guide can be found here.
Service start date: November 10, 2020
If you have any questions about this service, please submit them through the online inquiry link below.
For API inquiries, Sign in at https://developers.coupang.com/hc/en and click the “Submit a request” link at the bottom of each post in the FAQ menu at the top.